Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Riddle me this...

why why WHY do nice restaurants always have TV's in their bar areas?  WHY?  What is the point?  
With the exception of places like Mistral or Lark, I was shocked to see TV's at Palace Kitchen.  WTF?
It appears that almost every place I've been to for dinner - BAM!  There's a TV.  It just doesn't make sense to me - TV's in a restaurant says "sports bar" to me.  The last thing I want to see is some bloody sporting event on the tube when I'm trying to carry on a conversation or eat my meal.  It's distracting and really, aren't we surrounded by enough technological shit as it is?   

TV's - ok in your media room, living room, a sports bar or hell, any Irish bar for that matter, but in a nice restaurant?  NO.  Take those things out and replace them with some nice art.  Or a blank wall. 


**pic from nontoxin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment