WOW. I'm doing a shitty job of blogging this year, aren't I?
Well, it *IS* the holidays, after all. Already.
Let's recap what happened this year:
- I turned 41. Whoopie-fuckin-doo. I have also gotten carded more this year than last. SWEET.
- I went back to work for Redfin. So far, so good. I have not wanted to cut a bitch yet. This is good, people!
- We got another Boston terrier. His name is Ed. He's adorable, tiny, and a total attention whore. Loki is starting to like him more - or tolerate him, rather. It's a work in progress.
- I lost a good friend. See previous post. That was a sucky time and I hope he's in a better place.
- We went to Burningman again this year. We had a foam dome, which was the most popular attraction on the playa and about 40+ people in our camp. I've passed camp cruise director duties off to my friend Blacksmith as I am kinda done running stuff. While this year was a lot of fun, it wasn't as epic as 2010. This might mean we take 2012 off. Plus, after 7 years...I kinda need a break.
- We bought a loft in Capitol Hill. Yes, we are smack in the middle of the hill...which is great - b/c I can walk to work. I can pretty much walk/bike/bus anywhere. I've given up using a car - it's freeing! I'm lowering my carbon footprint! Plus our dogs have Cal Anderson park as their backyard. WIN!
- One of my best friends got married in October. I got to wear a kick ass dress from Buddhaful and hang out w/ my amazing circle of friends. It was probably the best and funnest wedding we'd ever been to. Plus there was an awesome photo booth there - and there are some ridiculous photos floating around FB, I'm sure.
- My tolerance for stupidity has gone down. I seriously cannot deal with it. DUMBASSES, if you are reading this, please do something about this. I cannot be your friend if you continue to a) do stupid shit, and b) have bad grammar. It's maddening.
- Speaking of tolerance, I want more ink done. :)
- Corey has started allowing the dogs to sleep in our bed vs their dog beds. While they are v snuggly, it's also a snore symphony involving 2 dogs and a human man. I wake up and giggle a lot.
- I started going to Barre3 classes...b/c time stops for no one, turns out. Which means my ass is definitely becoming part of my hamstring and we can't allow that to happen, now can we?
- We're opening a restaurant on Capitol Hill. By we, I mean, Corey, Chris & Laura (of Grim's, Auto Battery, Po Dog)...I will not be directly involved. Corey is going to come home from work some nite and there are going to be 4 more Boston terriers running around, while I will be drunk on the couch, with the movie Bridesmaids on loop in the dvd player. You know it!
That's it in a nutshell. I mean, for the most part...those are the big things that happened!
That being said, have a wonderful solstice & a safe holiday season! I leave you with this photo of our two bastard children: